Nagrath surfaced for the first time in a billion years. The last occasion he’d felt this peckish there’d been an abundance of brontosauruses, but now it was all concrete and ants.
‘This’ll never fill me up,’ he sighed, but having polished off the marine life he’d have to make the best of it.
Written for: Twittering Tales
Under scrutiny Greg’s discovery of a brand new dinosaur turned out to be an ostrich (a rookie mistake in retrospect). Retreating to the bar amidst howls of laughter he witnessed Lovely Rachel snogging Smarmy Terry the top-soil expert. And then, to cap it all off, the nearby volcano they’d been excavating chose that exact moment to erupt.
All in all the palaeontology conference left a lot to be desired.
Watching the lava roar towards him Greg realised there was no chance of escape. He arranged the ostrich bones on the ground and lay down amongst them. The last laugh would be his.
A million years later a landslide unearthed a strange two-headed creature that was proudly proclaimed to be a brand new dinosaur….
Written for: Friday Fictioneers
2. Michael Bay’s coffin transforms into Decepticon
3. British queue achieves polite repressed sentience
4. T-Rex forms prehistoric band “Marc Bolan”
5. Dalek confirmed as worst callcentre accent
7. Bono finds what he’s looking for
8. Territorial Army refuse to share barracks
9. First rule of acronym club: N.T.Z.A.R.G
10. Cannibal takes wife’s hand in marriage
Previous six-word stories…
Six Word Stories